Are you a passionate leader looking for autonomy and exciting career possibilities? Do you take an energetic and resourceful approach to problem-solving while bringing innovative ideas to life on behalf of your team and your customers? Do you enjoy coaching and developing people to do things they didn’t know were possible? Do you take an energetic and influential approach to bring challenge and perspective to a business agenda? Would you get job fulfillment by playing a pivotal role in making sure our environment is the best possible workplace for our associates? If so, DHL has the opportunity for you.
We’re looking for top notch General Managers to run distribution centers all over the country. We need people who thrive in a fast-paced environment, who are looking for a good challenge, and who are dedicated to creating and developing great customer relationships. You’ve got to be sharp, and you must be on your game every day… because you will be an essential part of everyday life. DHL Supply Chain is a world-class company, and we hire only world-class people. People who aren’t afraid to work hard – in fact, people who want to work hard. No matter where we are, we’re part of their team; we’re invested in their success; and our operation is fully transparent. If you're an active leader with a can-do attitude, who's passionate about doing things the right way the first time, join us – the world is waiting for you.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, required.
• Graduate qualification, preferably a master's degree in Business management or related areas preferred.
• Any Graduate qualification with management or Leadership experience.
• 2-3 year’s logistics industry experience, required.
• 5-7 years experience in supervisory/management role, required.
• P/L, Project and Staff management skills required.
• Inspiring leadership skills: has managed operational teams and built high performance cultures.
• Delivered successful strategic and tactical improvements in safety, service, people, and cost.
• Strategic thought leader with an active, hands on execution approach and capability to lead effective and sustainable change.
• Strong self-motivation and initiative backed by taking accountability and delivering on commitments.
• Exceptional planning and prioritization skills supported by strong commercial and analytical acumen.
• A passion to solve the root cause of problems and use data and facts to drive pragmatic solutions and decisions.
• Strong ability to build relationships internally and externally in conjunction with excellent collaboration and communication skills.
• Advanced negotiation and influencing techniques with high level of integrity.
DHL has a business casual environment and focuses on teamwork, associate development, training, and continuous improvement. We value each other's differences while recognizing individual strength. DHL never forget that you make us who we are; we work hard to make sure a career with DHL is as satisfying and successful as it can be. We offer competitive wages, excellent affordable insurance benefits (including health, dental, vision and life), 401K plan, paid vacation and holidays. DHL is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. If you would like to be considered for this elite organization, please submit your recent Resume/CV and Cover letter immediately.
In this General Manager role:
• You’ll lead the customer relationship through close daily contact, taking the pulse of the relationship and making sure that heartbeat is strong.
• Develops, delivers, and maintains site logistics improvement programs to achieve progressive cost reductions, service improvements, people capability and site safety improvements.
• You’ll be held accountable for your site’s P&L – a direct result of the customer relationships you have.
• Drives process, compliance, metric, and reporting standardization across all sites.
• You’ll lead managers who are well-trained, motivated, and ready to support your direction.
• Ensures accurate and consistent reporting and metrics.
• You’ll set the tone for your leadership team and everyone on the floor.
• Your voice will be heard loud and clear in management circles.
• Participate in the development and execution of the business unit strategic business plan.
• You’ll build a team that supports your passion for an outstanding operation.
• Be Leading and coaching a team of people to build operational competency and capability across the business unit.
• Builds internal relationships with stakeholders to identify opportunities, address issues and implement solutions.
• Develop or recruits capabilities to ensure skills are at levels for best-in-class performance.
• Performs a lead role in managing industrial relations and operational disputes or issues.
Some DHL benefits include:
• Globally certified “Great Place to Work”.
• Very supportive teams with driven by the same purpose: Connecting People & Improving Lives.
• Extensive global network of like-minded sales colleagues across business units.
• Competitive remuneration package.
• Strong sustainability commitments including and beyond social and environmental responsibilities.
• Certified Training Programs for all our employees to support their career and growth aspirations.
• State-of-the-art digital tools, and company paid IPhone.
• An amazing working environment – Beautiful modern office space.
• Generous vacation time, in addition to our annual company holidays.
• Onsite free parking.
• Free 24/7 Virtual Healthcare for all employees and their dependents.
• Onsite CAFÉ facilities available.
• Flexible working arrangements.
• Robust training and professional development programs, including global digitally enabled learning.